Use the Slacky.eu repository with slapt-get ? [in english]

Postate qui se avete consigli per migliorare i pacchetti disponibili in questo sito o se avete problemi con installazione, funzionamento o altro.

Moderatore: Staff

Regole del forum
1) Citare in modo preciso il nome del pacchetto.
2) Specificare se discussione/suggerimento o richiesta d'aiuto.
3) Leggere attentamente le risposte ricevute
4) Scrivere i messaggi con il colore di default, evitare altri colori.
5) Scrivere in Italiano o in Inglese, se possibile grammaticalmente corretto, evitate stili di scrittura poco chiari, quindi nessuna abbreviazione tipo telegramma o scrittura stile SMS o CHAT.
6) Appena registrati è consigliato presentarsi nel forum dedicato.

La non osservanza delle regole porta a provvedimenti di vari tipo da parte dello staff, in particolare la non osservanza della regola 5 porta alla cancellazione del post e alla segnalazione dell'utente. In caso di recidività l'utente rischia il ban temporaneo.
Rispondi
kikinovak
Linux 0.x
Linux 0.x

Use the Slacky.eu repository with slapt-get ? [in english]

Messaggio da kikinovak »

Hello everybody,

I'm an Austrian Slackware user living in South France, and I use it exclusively on servers and desktops. Recently I played around with slapt-get : I installed it from Salix and then used it with the Salix repositories.

Is there a way to use the Salix package repositories with slapt-get and dependency handling ? And if so, is there a little HOWTO on how to do so ? I'm sorry my Italian is very poor : I tried to find this information, but without success.

Cheers from the sunny South of France,

Niki

Eberoth
Linux 2.x
Linux 2.x
Slackware: -current
Kernel: 3.13.6
Desktop: KDE4
Distribuzione: Slackel64

Re: Use the Slacky.eu repository with slapt-get ? [in englis

Messaggio da Eberoth »

I'm sorry but it is no possible to use the slacky.eu reposistory with dependencies support, you can still use it without dependencies. This is due to the way slapt-get resolves the dependencies: it just relay on files that has to be present in the reporitory tree for each package. No files, no dependencies.

It's kinda annoying, i know, but so far slapt-get has not made its way into the slackware hardcore community (a.k.a. PJV's mind), therefore much of the repositories out there has no support for it; and slacky.eu is quite a bit of an hardcore community if you ask me, so we just like to leave things "vanilla". Although, you can use a tool developped from some users of this community: Slackyd. it _will_ let you install any package on the slacky.eu repos and tell you if there is any missing dependencies on your system for that package (or what the dependencies are in the first place), but it does not install any of them for you "automagically" so you have to searh the repository and install them manually or trhough slackyd himself... not a big deal once you know that for each package on the repository there will also be all the dependencies.

Hope this helped.

JWM

ZeroUno
Staff
Staff
Nome Cognome: Matteo Rossini
Slackware: current
Kernel: slack-current
Desktop: ktown-latest
Distribuzione: 01000000-current
Contatta:

Messaggio da ZeroUno »

Slacky.eu repository SUPPORTS slapt-get dependencies system.
Also salix repository supports deps.

Official slackware repository does NOT supports dependencies.

A repository supports deps if its PACKAGES.TXT contains entries as:
PACKAGE REQUIRED: glib2,python,zlib
or
PACKAGE REQUIRED: atk >= 2.4.0-x86_64-1,bzip2 >= 1.0.6-x86_64-1,cairo >= 1.10.2-x86_64-2

to add repositories to slapt-get, edit slapt-get.conf by adding
SOURCE=http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware64-14.0/:CUSTOM
SOURCE=http://download.salixos.org/x86_64/14.0/:CUSTOM

You can found here a long list of repositories.
Packages finder: slakfinder.org | Slackpkg+, per aggiungere repository a slackpkg

Codice: Seleziona tutto

1011010 1100101 1110010 1101111 - 0100000 - 1010101 1101110 1101111

Eberoth
Linux 2.x
Linux 2.x
Slackware: -current
Kernel: 3.13.6
Desktop: KDE4
Distribuzione: Slackel64

Messaggio da Eberoth »

really? Oh... my informations where out of date then, sorry if misguided you.

Rispondi