2.6.14.2 howto?

Se avete problemi con l'installazione e la configurazione di Slackware postate qui. Non usate questo forum per argomenti generali... per quelli usate Gnu/Linux in genere.

Moderatore: Staff

Regole del forum
1) Citare sempre la versione di Slackware usata, la versione del Kernel e magari anche la versione della libreria coinvolta. Questi dati aiutano le persone che possono rispondere.
2) Per evitare confusione prego inserire in questo forum solo topic che riguardano appunto Slackware, se l'argomento è generale usate il forum Gnu/Linux in genere.
3) Leggere attentamente le risposte ricevute.
4) Scrivere i messaggi con il colore di default, evitare altri colori.
5) Scrivere in Italiano o in Inglese, se possibile grammaticalmente corretto, evitate stili di scrittura poco chiari, quindi nessuna abbreviazione tipo telegramma o scrittura stile SMS o CHAT.
6) Appena registrati è consigliato presentarsi nel forum dedicato.

La non osservanza delle regole porta a provvedimenti di vari tipo da parte dello staff, in particolare la non osservanza della regola 5 porta alla cancellazione del post e alla segnalazione dell'utente. In caso di recidività l'utente rischia il ban temporaneo.
victorche
Linux 1.x
Linux 1.x
Messaggi: 135
Iscritto il: lun 3 ott 2005, 23:12

Messaggio da victorche »

MAT ha scritto: In the menuconfig, go to Device Drivers -> Graphics Support, enable ``Support for framebuffer devices'', then enable ``VESA VGS graphis support'' and select the resolution in ``VESA default mode''. Go to ``Console display driver support'', enable ``Framebuffer console support'' and compiled-in fonts (I also selected VGA 8x16 font. Then go back one level and enter ``Logo configuration'', enable ``Bootup logo'' and ``Standard 224-color Linux logo''.

You should now be able to see Tux while starting up the system and with a nicer resolution as well :)
Thanks!
First of all I finally have 2.6.14.2 and eth0 ;)
The problem was... There are know problems with 3Com 3c940 cards... I was simply using wrong drivers. I was enabling all "3Com" in make menuconfig, but thanks to Google I understood that I have to enable something so, so, so different.
So far, so good. Now it works great!
About the font and the logo during the boot. Well, no sucess :(
I did what you told me to do, except one thing:
After enabling the "VESA VGA graphics support", I have not an option for "VESA default mode''... I don't know why but I have not... I did all the other things that you told me. I have to tell you that I enabled them as build-in with (*), not as modules with (M)...
Maybe that's the problem, but the boot is still like a Debian one ;)

Avatar utente
MAT
Linux 4.x
Linux 4.x
Messaggi: 1242
Iscritto il: mer 9 mar 2005, 0:00
Nome Cognome: Matteo Magni
Kernel: 2.6.20
Desktop: Fluxbox
Distribuzione: Gentoo
Località: Vignola, Modena

Messaggio da MAT »

I enabled them as built-in too, and it works... Probably the VESA resolution setting in my kernel was introduced by some patches (actually I have this option on my gentoo kernel, which is not a vanilla one). Anyway, I can see tux and good font resolution on my slackware machine as well, so those are the options you have to tweak. :)

Rispondi